Chocolate Skewered Bacon
- Ready In:
- 12 slices bacon, thick-sliced
- 12 wooden skewers (12-inch)
- 6 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- dried apple chips, chopped (optional)
- pecans, chopped (optional)
- pistachios, chopped (optional)
- toasted coconut, chopped (optional)
- kosher salt (optional)
- Thread each bacon strip onto a wooden skew.
- Place on a rack in a large baking pan.
- Bake at 400º F for 20-25 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening, melt in a microwave and stir until smooth.
- With a pastry brush, coat the bacon strips on both sides with the melted coatings.
- Top each strip as desired and place on waxed paper lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again "
Join The Conversation