Chocolate Sauce so Smooth
photo by CoffeeB
- Ready In:
3 1/3 cups24
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (no substitute)
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, melt butter & chocolate.
- Add sugar, cream, corn syrup & vanilla, then bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 1/2 minutes, then revove from heat.
- Serve warm or cold over ice cream, pound cake, or just enjoy a spoonful of it as is!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great chocolate sauce recipe Syd. I made this a little bit more guilt-free by using Splenda instead of the sugar. Soooo...good. I topped mine using your recipe#208539. The picture doesn't reflect it as that was DS's. A great hot fudge type sauce that can't be duplicated from store bought:-) Made for PRMR.
YUM, yum, YUM, yum!!! Did I say YUM??!! Syd this is wonderfully smooth and tasty sauce. I used it warmed in a small crockpot and served with fresh pineapple, apples and strawberries. It kept its's smooth texture for hours and I swear I could have just eaten if off the spoon if guests were not present! Made for your win during Summer Spectacular in the cooking tag game forum!
see 1 more reviews