Chocolate Sauce (A La the Joy of Cooking)
photo by Georgiapea
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used chips, but that's not ideal because of the emulsifiers...worked fine though)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- place butter, cream, milk and sugar in a pan over medium high heat.
- stir constantly.
- allow to come to rolling boil and take off heat.
- add chocolate and allow to sit for about a minute - to melt.
- stir until integrated.
- add vanilla extract, stir.
- serve over ice cream, dip cookies in it, eat it from the spoon.
- *you can add dark rum instead of vanilla, 1/2 of light cream instead of the 1/4 and 1/4, white sugar instead of turbinado, etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm from Jackson, MS, but I've lived here and there...from Ireland to Minnesota. I just graduated with bachelor's degrees in linguistics and psychology, and I'm currently in a TESL masters program...but I'm not sure if I'll stick with that. I WAS a vegetarian, but now I will eat meat. I'm much more concerned with where the food came from...is it ethical? did it travel 32543 miles to get to my plate? etc...? I'm pretty into the environment: I started a club on campus with a friend of mine, I try to ride my bike as much as possible, I use reusable bags at the grocery store - you know, that kind of thing. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">