MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A heavenly little chocolate cookie. Do yourself a favor and throw out the Hershey's cocoa and find a good Dutch-process cocoa. This is an adaptation of a recipe from "Got Milk? The Cookie Book".
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cocoa, preferably dutch process
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely ground pecans or 1/4 cup almonds
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In medium bowl with electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla on low speed until pale yellow in color and thickened, about 1 minute.
- Sift cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and mix on low until incorporated.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill until dough is firm enough to handle, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place confectioner's sugar in a medium bowl.
- Form chilled dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar to coat completely.
- Place on baking sheet about 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until cookies are puffed up and surfaces have cracked apart.
- (The center will still appear underdone).
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION