Chocolate & Pumpkin Trifle
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- pumpkin, for serving
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside. Combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a bowl. Mix and pour into prepared pan. Bake 350 degrees F for 34-38 minutes. When the cake is completely cool, crumble cake and set aside, reserving 1/4 cup of the crumbs for garnish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk milk, and pudding for 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Let sit 2 minutes or until softly set. Stir in pumpkin and spice. Mix well.
- Clean and prepare your pumpkin with a large opening to create your bowl. If creating a carved pumpkin, tightly line the openings with plastic wrap to prevent spilling.
- Layer 1/4 of the cake, 1/4 of the pudding and 1/4 of the whipped topping. Repeat until pumpkin is full, ending with the whipped topping. Garnish with the reserved crumbs.
- NOTE: If using a large pumpkin as the serving vessel (similar to the one used in the recipe video) you may need to double or triple this recipe to fill your pumpkin completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!