Chocolate Peppermint Slice
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 140 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 30 g Copha, melted (white vegetable shortening)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 185 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 30 g Copha
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Lihtly grease a shallow tin 18 x 28cm (7 x 11 inches) and line with baking paper, leaving the paper hanging over two sides (to make it easier to remove later).
- Sift the flour and the cocoa into a bowl. Stir in the coconut and sugar, then add the butter and egg and mix well.
- Press the mix firmly into the tin, bake for 15 minutes, then press down with the back of a spoon and leave to cool.
- For the peppermint filling, sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Stir in the copha, milk and essence. Spread over base and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes until firm.
- For the chocolate topping, put the chocolate and copha in a heatproof bowl. Melt over simmering water (making sure water does not touch the bowl). Spread mixture evenly over the filling, refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Carefully lift the slice from the tin, using paper as handles. Cut into pieces with a warm knife to give clean edges. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation