Chocolate-Peanut Crisp Bars
Whenever I take an assortment of cookies and bars anywhere, these are always the first thing to disappear. 'Nuff said. (But I will just add - cut them small, they are rich!)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 cup good semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- Melt the peanut butter and honey in a very large pot, stirring frequently.
- When hot through, remove from the heat.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until they melt.
- Add the vanilla.
- Stir in the peanuts and rice crisps.
- Press into an oiled 9"x 13" inch pan.
- Chill and cut into squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yum! A tasty variation of the rice krispie bun. I added a cup of sultanas which worked very well. And these are super-quick to make too. I'll be making them again. They are very rich so I cut them into little bite-sized pieces. I lost count of how many bite-size pieces I made - certainly more than 60. Mind you, at the rate I'm eating them they won't last long... :)
Very yummy & ultra rich! I forgot the nuts, and that would have made these bars even better. I sprinkled some coconut on top just for kicks...I also used a gourmet white chocolate peanut butter, which may have pushed it over the limit from rich to decadent. Will make again -- with nuts (or maybe almonds) !