Chocolate Orange Hazelnut Bark
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from the Weekend's FOOD column dealing with Heavenly Hazelnuts dated 10/11/06. Enjoy this bark of Nirvana!
- Ready In:
- 1 navel orange
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup hazelnuts, skins removed and hazelnuts coarsely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Using aluminium foil line a 9 by 13 inch baking sheet and refrigerate it.
- Remove zest from half the orange with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut it into thin strips, about an inch long each.
- Put chocolate in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of water that is simmering.
- Mix well until melted and smooth in texture.
- Fold in half the zest and nuts.
- Immediately, now pour this mixture onto the refrigerated sheet.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread mixture into an 8 by 10 inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with remaining zest, nuts and salt.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Break into pieces and serve.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store refrigerated for 3 days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION