Chocolate Mousse Pie (Can Be Made Non-Dairy)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I get RAVE reviews and many requests for this recipe when i serve this. It's delicious and creamy! Since i made up the recipe, you might have a little chocolate mousse mixture left over - enough for two mug portions for later:-)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 10 10 ounces chocolate chips or 10 ounces truffle filled chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces non-dairy whipping cream, such as rich's whip
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler.
- Then, beat at high speed until smooth: the melted chocolate, margarine, eggs, and sugar.
- (at this point i place the mixture back on the double boiler and heat it because of the raw eggs, but i've heard that there is only a possibility of Salmonella with CRACKED eggs, otherwise there is no danger at all).
- In clean and dry mixer, whip non dairy whipping cream until soft peaks form according to package directions (it took me a quarter of the time that it said it would on the box).
- Put some of that whipped topping aside for the top of the pie.
- Gently combine the chocolate mixture with the whipped dessert and scoop into pie crust.
- Freeze for a bit (45 minutes?) to set the chocolate layer.
- Spread rest of whipped topping on top.
- For a softer consistency, like pudding, keep in fridge, or take out with time to defrost it before serving. for a richer denser consistency, keep in freezer till a few minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION