Chocolate Malted Pudding
- Ready In:
8 1/2 cup servings
- In a small bowl, blend 1/2 cup of milk with the cornstarch.
- Combine the malted milk powder, cocoa and salt in a small heavy saucepan and slowly whisk in the remaining 3-1/2 cups of milk, the chocolate and the sugar. Heat over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture.
- Cook, stirring frequently, over very low heat until very thick and just beginning to boil, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Let cool, stirring occasionally until the custard is just warm.
- Pour the pudding into small 1/2 c bowls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set.
- You can make this up to 3 days in advance.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very nice custardy dessert. It could be maltier, but I don't know how you'd manage that with the malted milk powder. It wasn't too sweet and was quite rich. I made it in the microwave and it worked well. Not sure if I cooked it enough, but it had a nice, softly set consistency after chilling.