Chocolate Jody - Cake from Heaven
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- 1 (510 g) package devil's food cake mix (2 layer size)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (I use Fry's)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream (500ml)
- 1 (92 g) package instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
- Prepare cake according to package directions. This can be baked in either a 9 x 13, 2 - 8 x 8's or a bundt pan. Allow to cool.
- In a microwaveable container, heat cocoa, butter and water for 20 seconds. Stir, then heat for an additional 10 seconds.
- Beat until smooth, using an electric mixer, while adding icing sugar in 1/4 cup increments. Set aside to cool. If once cooled, the glaze is too thick, it may be thinned by stiring in warm water, 1/2 tsp at a time until desired consistancy is reached.
- Add pudding mix to the whipping cream, and beat until firm peaks form. Set aside.
- Cut the cooled cake into layers. (cut the 9x13 in half , to form two 9 x 6-1/2" layers).
- Set aside some of the cream mixture for decorating the top.
- Spread cream mixture on top of bottom layer, top with the second cake layer. If you have more than two layers -- continue in this fashion, ending with a cake layer.
- Spread the chocolate glaze on the top layer. Decorate with remaining cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!