Chocolate Hazelnut Friands
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free flour (plain)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups icing sugar (gluten-free plus extra to dust)
- 1 1⁄4 cups hazelnut meal (ground hazelnuts)
- 80 g chocolate (dark eating finely chopped)
- 240 g unsalted butter (melted cooled)
- 6 egg whites (lightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- Lightly grease 9 x 1/2 cup friand pans.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and icing sugar into a medium bowl and stir in hazelnut meal and chocolate, make a well at centre.
- Add butter and egg white to dry ingredients, mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve dusted with extra icing sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious!!! These tasty little friands were super easy to make and tasted divine. For anyone who can have wheat the gluten-free flour could be substituted with an equal quantity of regular wheat flour. I used a 150 gram packet of hazelnut meal and added some extra chopped chocolate to the tops of the friands before baking. Great recipe Pat. Photo also to be postedReply