Chocolate Glass Frosting
photo by Grandma Deb
- Ready In:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Spread over warm chocolate sheet cake or 9x13 cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband and I live in a small town in Kansas. I work for a large roofing manufacturer as Customer Service Manager and he is retired. </p> <p>In 2007 I started a weight loss journey and have lost 100 lbs with the help of Weight Watchers and the support of my family and friends. I feel so much better and am always looking for new, healthy recipes that are flavorful and fun to cook and share.</p> <p>Nothing pleases me more than to try a new recipe and see the smiles on the faces of those I share it with.</p> <p> </p>