Chocolate Gelato Without Ice Cream Maker
photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 30mins
- Melt Chocolate in a double boiler.
- Beat egg yolk and sugar together.
- Heat the milk in low heat and remove from heat just before it starts to boil.
- Add the milk to the yolk mixture little by little mixing thoroughly.
- Heat the mixture again stirring occasionally until it boils and remove from heat.
- Add melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a chilled metal container and freeze.
- Stir it every 45 minutes to break any ice lumps and put it back in the freezer.
- Continue to do this 2 more times.
- After about 7 hrs of freezing, put it through a food processor (or break it up and stir with a fork).