Chocolate Fruit Kebabs (Diabetic)
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- 100 g seedless grapes (green 3 1/2oz)
- 1 banana (thickly sliced just ripe)
- 100 g strawberries (halved 3 1/2oz)
- 1 mango (cut into chunks firm ripe)
- 25 g dark chocolate (chopped 1 oz)
- Tread the grapes, banana, strawberries and mango onto 4 bamboo skewers and put the skewers on a baking paper lined tray.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water, do not let the base of the bowl touch the water and stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted or alternatively melt in the microwave.
- Use a fork to drizzle the chocolate over the kebabs.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 10 minutes or until the chocolate has set and then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are indeed excellent! So quick to make, so very pretty to look at and above all super yummy! What a great healthy breakfast or snack! Im sure kids would love this, too!<br/>I used banana, mandarin orange and apple for the fruit and a light drizzle of organic milk chocolate. That was so tasty!<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Pat! I cant wait to make this for our next brunch!<br/>Made and reviewed for WTTM February 2012.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.