Chocolate Fondue With Fruit and Grilled Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced in 1 inch thick chunks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs of pound cake, sliced 1 1/2 inchs thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 apricots, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (2 1/4 Cups)
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (2 1/4 Cups)
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat up the grill. Grill the pineapple slices over medium heat until charred on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- Brush the pound cake slices with the melted butter and grill over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Cut the pound cake into 1 inch cubes and transfer to a plate. Cut the pineapple into 1 inch cubes and transfer to a separate plate along with the apricots.
- In a pan, bring the cream and bourbon to a simmer. Add both of the chocolates and the salt, then remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Serve the chocolate with the grilled pound cake and fruit.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I have a wonderful husband and two fantastic kids. I love to read, have fun with family and friends, stay active with: running; soccer; golf; biking; hiking; and gardening. I love to travel. I'm looking forward to more international travel someday. Cooking has become a passion for me. I love to read cookbooks, watch the Food Network, and try new recipes. I have way too many cookbooks! A few of my favorites are: Barefoot Contessa (any - but especially 'Family Style'),Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals 2, Roasting by Barbara Kafka, Beyond Parsley & The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook. I try to carefully choose recipes that I think my family will enjoy, which is why most of my ratings are 3-5 stars. Happy cooking!