MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- fresh raspberry, for serving
- Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 450ºF.
- Grease two 6-oz. ramekins and dust lightly with cocoa powder.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, combine the chocolate and butter.
- Set the bowl over but not touching simmering water in a saucepan and melt the chocolate and butter, stirring often, until smooth and blended.
- (Do not overcook.) Let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until completely blended and frothy.
- Using a large spatula, gently fold in the chocolate mixture until smooth and blended.
- Sift half of the flour over the batter and gently fold together until just blended, then repeat with the remaining flour.
- Divide the batter among the prepared ramekins and bake until the tops are just firm when lightly touched, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve warm with the vanilla ice cream and raspberries.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION