Chocolate Espresso Mousse
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Melt the chocolate with 2/3 cup cream and liqueur, if used, in heavy saucepan over low heat or in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring till smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer, whip the remaining cream, sugar, and espresso till almost stiff.
- Fold a small amount of whipped cream into the cooled chocolate.
- Fold this mixture back into the remaining cream till smooth.
- Spoon into 8-10 wine glasses or dessert bowls.
- Chill at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish with fresh whipped cream, strawberry, raspberry or orange slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made it exactly as stated. Yet when finished it failed to hold the shape of a mousse, just too runny. What to do? Decided to freeze it in ten individual little dessert bowls. Took out the bowls about 30 minutes before serving, garnished with some berries and we had a wonderful chocolate ice-cream! The taste is very chocolatery, creamy. Very good indeed but not as a mousse (maybe I did something wrong failing to get it to hold the shape). Anyway, as an ice-cream it is heavenly.