Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cheesecake
photo by Ms. Poppy
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb fresh strawberries (or frozen, thawed)
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Hull strawberries if necessary, puree in a food processor. Remove and set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water, let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to the food processor, add cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar. Cover and process until smooth.
- Add strawberry puree, cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl, fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- For garnish, wash strawberries and gently pat with papertowels until completely dry. Cut tops off berries. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate at 50 percent power; stir until smooth. Dip each berry tip until half of the berry is coated, allowing excess to drip off. Place with tips pointing up on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loose; remove sides of pan. Arrange berries, chocolate tips up, around edge of cheesecake and place one in the center. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!