Chocolate-Dipped Macadamia Shortbread Cookies
- Ready In:
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour until well blended.
- Stir in macadamia nuts.
- Place dough on wax paper and shape into a roll two inches in diameter.
- Wrap in paper and foil and chill at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut roll into slices approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 20 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
- Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl melt chocolate chips (microwave works well) and stir in shortening.
- Mix well.
- Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate mixture and place on wax paper.
- Refrigerate cookies until chocolate hardens.
- Store in cool place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We love to eat :) I'm an island girl living in Seattle, WA who loves to cook! I enjoy cooking for my family and friends, and I don't find many things more satisfying than sharing food and good memories with them. Plus they always seem to be hungry--perfect! <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">