Chocolate Dipped Figs
- Ready In:
- Melt chocolate chips on high in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Stick a toothpick in to a fig and swirl in the melted chocolate, until covered.
- Place chocolate covered fig on a piece of waxed paper over a plate.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt over chocolate covered fig.
- Repeat until all figs are covered with chocolate and lightly salted.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has set.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container, with waxed paper between layers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are oh-so-ridiculously-good. We have a fig tree in our backyard (bless the previous owner) and I know there are plenty of great recipes to use figs for by my husband and I talk about chocolate covered figs ALL YEAR as we eagerly wait for each year's crop. This recipe is crazy easy and gets loads of "Oh dear God"s whenever we share them. <br/><br/>Try it for your next girls night. You might not even need wine. They're really THAT good.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, but with two daughters with busy schedules, I'm looking for quick and easy recipes that don't taste quick and easy. My husband is in the Army, so our travels have taken us around Europe and to Australia, as well as to many places here in the U.S. My cooking tastes reflects the foods we've enjoyed in the places we've lived. <img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/BellywarmersSTKR.jpg"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">