Chocolate Cream Pound Cake
photo by Bobtail
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and dust with powdered sugar, shaking off excess.
- Whip the cream until stiff; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the remaining ingredients and add to the cream mixture.
- Stir to combine (the batter is quite stiff and sticky).
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until the cake just begins to pull from the edges of the pan.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out on rack.
- The cake will keep in the fridge for up to a week (if you can resist eating it, that is!) wrapped air-tightly in plastic wrap and foil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was pretty good - chocolate: can't be bad :) I baked it for 45 minutes and though it hadn't pulled away from the sides at all, it was plenty done when I cut into it the next day. I made it for church fellowship time (coffee & snacks) and it was pretty much devoured - one slice left! Thanks for posting :)
This was very good! I followed the recipe as written. It did turn out on the dry side, but I may have cooked it too long. It is not too rich and the texture is very nice. As well as being good just by itself, I think a dollop of cream with strawberries or berries of your choice would be delicious! Let's don't forget about a scoop of ice cream as an alternative to the cream and berries! Thanks Stormylee!