Chocolate Covered Cherries
Found this on a recipe board a couple of years ago
- Ready In:
- 60 maraschino cherries, with stems
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chocolate, for coating candy
- Drain cherries well; let stand on paper toweling.
- Make fondant: Combine butter or margarine, corn syrup and salt; stir in powdered sugar.
- Knead until smooth.
- Chill if too soft.
- Shape a teaspoon of the fondant around each cherry.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; chill.
- In small heavy saucepan or deep bowl over pan of hot water, melt chocolate coating, stirring constantly.
- Holding onto stems, dip fondant-covered cherries, one at a time, into melted chocolate.
- Spoon mixture over cherries to coat.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place in refrigerator to harden.
- Store in covered container in cool place.
- Let ripen a week or two and fondant will begin to liquefy.
- Makes 60 chocolate-covered cherries.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation