photo by looneytunesfan
- Ready In:
- 12 -16 ounces cold coffee (regular, half-caf, or decaf)
- 16 coffee ice cubes (freeze regular, half-caf, or decaf coffee in ordinary ice trays)
- 6 tablespoons hot chocolate powder (a big jar or carton of mix is more economical than a box of envelopes)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (use half and half or cream for a richer drink)
- whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate shavings (optional) or ground coffee (optional)
- Kahlua (optional)
- Put cold coffee, coffee ice cubes, hot chocolate mix, and milk into your blender.
- Use low to medium speed, or whatever speed is recommended for crushing ice, to blend until the coffee ice cubes are thoroughly crushed.
- Pour into serving cups.
- For an attractive presentation top with a dollop of whipped cream and lightly dust with cocoa powder, shaved chocolate, or ground coffee.
- Adding a shot of Kahlua to each serving makes a nice drink for the adults on a warm evening.
- Note -- I often have enough coffee left in the pot to make a tray of cubes but in the summer I'll make an extra pot of decaf the night before to use for this and for iced coffee.
- Using sugar-free hot chocolate mix and low-fat milk cuts calories if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I give 5 stars because the one problem was my fault. This was great! I used 1/2 cup of Kahlua and 3/4 cup of milk. I tried to use the coffee ice cubes, but actually fried my blender trying to crush them! LOL I pour the ice cubes in half crushed anyway and it was great! I'll make this again for sure!