Chocolate Coffee Cake With Dried Fruits and Nuts
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
1 loaf cake
- 145 g butter, softened
- 50 g sugar
- 3 teaspoons chocolate spread
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 3 eggs
- 300 g flour (can use part whole wheat)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 75 g mixed dried fruits and nuts (I used almonds, sultanas, hazelnuts and walnuts)
- 100 g semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 5 tablespoons milk
- In a big bowl cream butter and sugar for at least 5 minutes (this is important!). Add the chocolate spread and espresso and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Add each egg separately and beat in for 30 seconds each.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, mixed dried fruits and nuts and chocolate chunks.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir to combine using a wooden spoon.
- Then add milk and honey and stir to combine. Now add the remaining dry ingredients and quickly fold them inches.
- Spread dough in a paper-lined or greased loaf pan (length of 30 cm/12 inch).
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 80 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Check after 50 minutes and if cake browns too much, cover it with a baking paper.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!