Chocolate Coffee Almond Cookies
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dissolve coffee crystals in hot water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Beat in coffee mixture, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat in as much flour as you can then stir in any remaining flour.
- Stir in choclate chips and almonds.
- Drop dough in heaping teaspoons 2-inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These cookies are delicious but don't pack much coffee flavor, and I had to make some adjustments for them to come out properly. Plus I would suggest calling them "Coffee Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies", since this title better represents them. I was concerned they wouldn't raise enough due to the small amount of baking soda the recipe called for, so I increased the amount to 1 tsp. instead of 1/4 tsp. I also needed to add a substantial amount of flour (3 1/2 cups instead of 2 2/3 cups), as I was afraid the cookies would spread too much and burn. Otherwise, they turned out beautifully buttery and moist with crispy golden edges. Thank you for a lovely cookie recipe! (Made for SUMMER COMFORT CAFE 2009)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home mom to three little boys. I have always loved to cook and am always looking for ways to broaden my horizons! <br> <br>We are also involved in historic reenactments, so that means a lot of cooking over an open fire! <br> <br>It makes me sad that so many people have given up cooking.