Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 6 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices until well blended; set aside.
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, sugars, milk and oil in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- POUR into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- BAKE 55 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 18 (1/2-inch thick) slices to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
DELICIOUS, and oh, so easy to make!!! I made two batches of this and made them in mini loaves which yielded 6 total. I baked them for about 40 minutes +/- until done and they are perfect!! They are going to a work party for my Mom tomorrow and possibly DH's work tomorrow as well! Thanks for posting a great one - It will probably be on my holiday tray this year too!