Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips (whatever you like)
- 1 cup nuts, my hubby does not like them so I never use (optional)
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar, softened butter, Crisco shortening and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy. (I use my stand mixer-it's much easier).
- Add eggs and beat.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in your chocolate chips and nuts (if using) at this point.
- Using small cookie scooper, scoop balls out onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Put baking sheet in freezer for 30 minutes.
- At this point you can put all the balls in a freezer bag for later use.
- When you want to make some cookies, pre-heat oven or good toaster oven to 375°. Bake 8-10 minutes. I go 8 in my oven so they stay soft and gooey.
- Let cool 2 minutes on pan, then cool on rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These cookies are terrific! We loved them and I'm embarrassed to say we ate almost an entire batch since last night. :oops: Well, some went in my daughter's lunch to School at least. This recipe produces a nice soft and chewy cookie. I omitted the nuts because of a nut free policy at my DD's School, and I did make them a little larger and cooked for 3 min longer. Delicious! I can't wait to try the freezer method and have freshly baked cookies at the drop of a hat! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC :)