Chocolate Chip-Studded Sugar Cookies
This recipe was created based on my idea of what the perfect sugar cookie should be. This cookie is textured somewhere between cake and brownies. The addition of chocolate chips to this recipe sets these sugar cookies apart from the regular iced ones. I hope you love them!
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (15 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Beat one egg and vanilla extract into the creamed butter and sugar. Add sour cream and buttermilk.
- To the creamed mixture add 1/2 of the dry mixture at a time. When you have incorporated all of the dry mixture fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 1 to 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Gently flatten each cookie slightly with your fingertips. (These cookies barely spread at all).
- Bake 9-12 minutes until bottoms are golden.