Chocolate Chip Spelt Cookies (Vegan)
From Nov/Dec 2006 VT.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Coat cookie sheets with cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave on high power for about 30-45 seconds, or until the peanut butter is melted, stirring once or twice as it heats.
- In large bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt. Add peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir until blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet, allowing about 2 tbsp for each cookie. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Love these! Needed to make something for a brunch in a hurry so used creamy almond butter which was what I had on hand. I used 1/2 cup less than the recipe called for, but added some soy milk and a good splash of canola oil to get the proportions right...also combo of agave nectar and cane sugar.Reply
These are DELICIOUS. I was impressed with the taste and texture with so few ingredients, and no refined sugars, to boot! I halved the recipe but still ended up with 20 pretty large cookies - they spread out more than I had expected and would probably make 24 or even 30 smaller ones with the same amount of batter next time. I also found that folding the chocolate chips in immediately caused them to start to melt into the batter because of the warmth of the melter peanut butter, though I had to heat my PB on the stove (no microwave), which may have made it warmer. Will definitely make again!Reply
see 12 more