Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Pancakes, Diabetic
The last time I went shopping there was a terrific price on sour cream so I grabbed 2 BIG containers. I'm currently putting sour cream in everything I can think of! I'm the first to admit that this wouldn't be a daily thing but for a special breakfast (Valentines, Mothers Day?) it isn't going to break the diabetic bank
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or egg white)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine (heart healthy)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Pam cooking spray, for the griddle
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy, then whisk in the milk, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla. Make a well in the dry ingredients, add the liquids, and whisk briefly, just until the batter is blended.
- Let rest 2 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and set aside for several minutes while you preheat a griddle or skillet.
- Heat an electric griddle (you can also use a pan or 2 on the stove top but it takes a lot longer because you have to do fewer at a time)let preheat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spray griddle with PAM.
- Using about 1/3 cup batter per pancake, ladle the batter onto the hot skillet.
- Cook about 1 1/2 minutes on the first side, until the bubbles on top are starting to pop, then flip and cook about 1 minute on the second side.
- Repeat for remaining batter.
- Top with no sugar added syrup if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Pretty much followed the recipe right on down & used the egg whites! Did serve them with the syrup indicated, but think I'd prefer them a little more with some all-fruit fruit spread! Still the 'cakes themselves were delicious & we'll certainly be having them again around here! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the Almost 5 special]