Chocolate Chip Orange Oatmeal Cookies
photo by Engrossed
- Ready In:
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄8 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (not more than 60% cacao) or 1/2 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate (not more than 60% cacao)
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F Butter a large baking sheet.
- Stir together oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl to combine.
- Whisk together brown sugar, butter, egg, vanilla, and zest in another bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Make 12 mounds of batter 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake until cookies are golden and edges are crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fabulous cookie - i just love oats - I had to use lemon zest as someone ate the orange I had put aside to zest - it was specially chosen for its lovely blemish free skin too - but the lemon worked so well and they are pretty addictive - so I will do them again and this time I'll hide the orange !!!! Thanks to Annacia.