Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- Cream sugar, butter, shortening, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes (depending on size and cookie sheets used).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good cookie. For our family this was more a healthy cookie versus an indulgence. I think next time I would put equal oats and chocolate chips. They are a bit too crunchy for us and not sweet enough but still very good. The Crisco and the baking powder makes them poof up a bit which is nice. We ended up baking some at 12 minutes and some at 10. The ones at 10 seemed a better consistency. Thanks for posting fruitcake. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game May 2010 Enjoy! ChefDLH
Great cookies! I made them rather large (dropped them by tablespoons) and got 33 cookies which baked in 14 minutes. The dough is a little stiff but still pliable. I took the hint of another reviewer and subbed the 1/4 cup shortening for peanut butter, a very good idea. The cookies have a very nice crunch and are chewy in the middle. Thanks for posting.