Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet Hershey's Chipits- small chocolate chip
- 1 teaspoon cake flour
- 2 3⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup irish cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon cake flour in a small bowl, toss. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon 2 3/4 cups cake flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place Cream cheese and butter in large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed to blend. Add sugars and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low, add flour mixture and liqueur alternatively to sugar mixture beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition. Fold chocolate chips. POur batter in a 12 cup bundt pan coated with baking spray.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comers out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire eack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The aroma of Baileys Irish Cream, aaah. The cake also tastes of the Irish Cream. Very nice. It is a dense yet light cake, easy to make and with a wonderful result. Just a little note to myself for the next time I make this. 10 tablespoons butter equals about 110grams. I am very pleased to have found this. Thanks for posting.