Chocolate Chip Cornbread
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (For glass loaf pan, reduce oven temp to 350F.).
- Spray a 9x5x3 inch metal loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, canola oil, and eggs.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients; stir just to blend.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake bread for about 35 minutes, until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Invert cornbread loaf onto rack ~ cool slightly and serve warm, or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This cornbread is really, really good!!! It has the perfect texture as it is moist and soft on the inside with a lovely crunch to its outside. The taste is so yummy with the chocolate chips being a wonderful addition. My sis and me couldnt stop eating this! :) We decided to make the bread into muffins as we didint have a loaf pan of the right size handy. It worked out beautifully and only needed 25 minutes to bake through. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Kerfuffle! It will be made over and over again.
This is very delightful to have that DH and I ate half of this in a sitting while having our coffee break. It's simply cornbread with the chips settling near the bottom. We enjoyed having this as the flavors were perfectly balanced. I also brought this out with us yesterday and he complained that I shouldn't have since it's so good he wants to keep this all to himself. Thanks for posting this! Made for PAC fall 2008.