Chocolate Chip Cookies (From Cooking Light)
photo by loticdescant77
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (10 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add vanilla and egg whites; beat one minute. Add flour mixture and chips, beat until blended.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank u so much for sharing this recipe. This is like a cross between the Nestle choc chip recipe & the "too" healthy cho chip recipes that my husband isn't a fan of! This seemed to be a perfect balance of less butter but all the taste/sweetness he requires. He did request that I shorten the baking time to about 8 min for a softer cookie. I used Splenda & used 1 cup choc chips like others :-). I hope this will become my hubby's favorite!!
These are the perfect chocolate chip cookie! I love them because they are chewy! I made them last weekend and no one guessed they were from Cooking Light (and I didn't tell.) I do confess, I used 1 C. chocolate chips - 1) because it's half of a 12oz bag and 2) I like chocolate chip cookies because of the chocolate chips! No regrets!
see 2 more reviews