Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal
photo by Wigglesworth
- Ready In:
10 1/2 cup servings
- Cream together better, sugars, and vanilla. Stir in applesauce.
- Combine flours, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll small handfuls into half inch thick logs (like play dough snakes). To make the dough easier to handle I pat the sides of each handful with a little oat flour. Put the logs on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and freeze for about 20 minutes (or longer).
- Cut the logs into quarter inch disks. If you've frozen the dough for a long time, let it soften a bit before cutting so it doesn't crumble. Place the little cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets. They can be close together but not touching. (This step can be time consuming if you are too particular. Just remember that people who get to eat cookies for breakfast probably won't care if each mini cookie is perfectly formed or if they are perfectly spaced on the cookie sheet. Dump them on the pan, take a few seconds to spread them out, and that's that. Better yet, arm your kids with butter knives and let them do the cutting.).
- Bake at 300 degrees for 17 minutes. If you bake on an (ungreased) cookie sheet without parchment paper, or if the cookies are spaced far apart, decrease baking time to 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for five minutes before removing. Allow to cool completely before storing or eating. The cooled cookies should be cereal-crisp.
- Brag to your friends that you ate cookies for breakfast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!