The Splendid Spoonful
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can pitted bing cherries, well drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Position oven rack in the middle of oven; preheat oven to 350°; brush an 11,7 inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Place the chocolate chips in the bottom of the prepare dish, then the cherries.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the remaining tablespoon butter, eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon; process until smooth.
- Pour the batter carefully over the cherry-chocolate base.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until puffed and golden, or a knife inserted near the edge comes out clean.
- Cool on a baking rack for about 10 minutes; dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious!!! I did make a few slight changes: I used dark (70% cocoa) chocolate chips and reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup (though I found the chocolate still made it too sweet). I also baked in an 8-inch round pan as I found the chips and cherries to be too sparsely dispersed with the 11.7-inch pan. I also thickened liquid drained from the cherries with some starch and used it as a sauce. I love how this (with my changes) makes a healthy, low in fat & sugar, desert! I think that next time, I will reduce the chocolate and/or double the cherries...Reply