Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies for Dummies
- Ready In:
- 1 package dark chocolate brownie mix
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box.
- If there are directions for cakelike brownies (as opposed to ooey gooey brownies) go for that one.
- Fold the white chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Using an electic mixer, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar and lemon juice for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 9 pieces.
Join The Conversation
Very yummy. These were a hit with everyone who tried a piece. I swirled the cheescake mixture into the brownie mix, as did Robin W. I used a Pampered Chef 9" square baker. (Finally, I've found a recipe that works perfect with this odd-sized 9" x 9" pan.) A great way to use up all those brownie mixes I have in my freezer!
These came out very good and they were pretty easy, too. Even my son, who hates cheesecake, went for these. I was unsure if I should swirl the cheese mixture into the batter, because this is the only way I've ever seen this type of brownie done. Since the recipe did not say to swirl, I didn't. I think I may try it next time, though, because although these are quite tasty, the top almost looks like macaroni and cheese. The cheese mixture got a little brown and when I took them out of the oven (after only 30 minutes), my husband said "I thought you were making brownies!" I used a large brownie mix (for a 9x13 pan) and made it in a 8x10 pan (I do not own a 9 x 9 square pan). I was not sure what size brownie mix, but when I saw the cooking time, I figured it was the larger package cooked in a small pan to produce a thicker brownie. All in all, I was happy the way these turned out, but I am still not sure if I prepared them correctly!