Chocolate Cheese Fudge
I never thought something so weird sounding could be so good! From Paula Deen.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, sliced
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- Spray lightly the bottom of a 9 by 2-inch square pan with a nonstick spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the cheese and butter together, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and nuts.
- In a large bowl sift together the sugar and cocoa.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the sugar and cocoa mixture and stir until completely mixed.
- The candy will be very stiff.
- Using your hands, remove candy from bowl and press evenly and firmly into pan.
- Because of the amount of butter in this recipe, pat the top of the candy with a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- Place pan in refrigerator until candy is firm.
- To serve candy, cut into squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
You don't have to cook this. Leave the butter and cheese out until room temperature. Put everything in a bowl, mix it with your hands until well combined and press into your pan. I also use half confectioner's sugar and half dry milk. It cuts down on the calories and not so sweet. I have made it this way for 40 years and got the recipe from my mom who made it years before that. It's a family favorite and given as gifts a lot. Our favorite by far. (Don't be afraid to double the recipe. It works up great. If you have a mixer with a bread hook you can also do it that way.)3Reply
see 10 more