Chocolate Banana Brownies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 180 g brown sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 bananas, ripe (large ones, or increase no. of bananas to 3)
- 100 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius Line a 9-inch square baking tin with baking paper, with an extra 1cm on the sides.
- Combine the butter, sugar and chocolate in a large pan over a gentle flame, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the combined eggs, bananas and vanilla until well-mixed.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes (depending on how large your bananas are).
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin before cutting into 16 squares.
Join The Conversation
Just WOW!! brownies and banana bread are my most favourite cakes both to eat and to bake but I never thought of combining these two together. Until today. Thank you so much for sharing this super easy recipe. I just tried it out, even the batter tasted amazing not to mention the cake itself. So moist and fluffy, I added chopped walnuts and some desiccated coconut. Can't wait to share it with my colleagues tomorrow :))