Chocolate and Classic Creme Brûlée
photo by Emma Pham
- Ready In:
4 creme brulee
- 2 1⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- 75 g dark chocolate
- Turn oven to 325°F.
- Step 1: Cut vanilla bean and remove seeds; then add cream to small pan. Simmer at low heat until cream bubbles, then let cool.
- Step 2: Whisk egg yolks with sugar if too thick and add one liter of cream.
- Step 3: Melt chocolate in steam pan.
- Step 4: Mix steps one and two together and whisk well.
- Step 5: Sift vanilla and cream through colander to remove bubbles from cream; add to another bowl.
- Step 6: Pour creme brûlée into 2 baking cups.
- Step 7: Add melted chocolate to remaining creme brûlée mixture and pour into 2 baking cups.
- Step 8: Pour boiling water onto cooking sheet and place cups of creme brûlée in the water.
- Step 9: Bake in oven about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Step 10: Chill creme brûlée in fridge for least 4 hours.
- Step 11: For classic creme brûlée topping: mix brown sugar+ white sugar and sprinkle on the 2 cups of creme brûlée and scorch top with torch).
- For chocolate creme brûlée: Garnish with sugar powder.
- Both classic and chocolate creme brûlée goes very well with raspberries.
- Light, sweet, and delicious French dessert.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!