Chocolate and Cherries Granola
I was in the mood for a more gourmet granola than I usually make, and this is what I came up with.
- Ready In:
- 5 cups oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, pecans, coconut, wheat germ, brown sugar and salt.
- Combine the the oil, honey, water and vanilla. Add to oat mixture and toss until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Allow to cool.
- Stir in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Store in an air tight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was SO good! I am happy to have finally found a go-to recipe for granola. I think I might try adding almond extract in addition to the vanilla next time. It doesn't need it, but I think it might be good. I baked it at 325 in my convection and will drop it to 300 next time because I like mine lighter. Awesome recipe, thanks Marg!