Chocolate and Apple Crumble
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a delicious hot pudding and a bit of a twist on your usual apple crumble. The ginger really adds an interesting, warming flavour. Serve with vanilla ice cream or custard, or if you're feeling really decadent; chocolate custard.
- Ready In:
- 90 g plain flour
- 60 g butter, diced
- 90 g demerara sugar
- 440 g cooking apples
- 20 g fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 75 g chocolate, broken up
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375°F.
- Put the flour and butter into a bowl and rub in until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in 50g of the sugar.
- Peel, core and slice the apples and spread them over the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the remaining sugar, then the ginger, then the chocolate.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top. Bake for around 30 minutes or until turning golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
MYSTERIOUS and DELICIOUS! I was intrigued by the ingredients of this recipe and am very glad I tried it. You can taste each ingredient but the flavors all compliment each other. The ginger does lend an exotic warming zing and the topping gives a pleasant light crunch. The chocolate gives you a smooth creaminess and its flavor goes well with both the apples and the ginger. This would be something to serve at a dinner party.Reply