Chocolate Amaretti Peaches
- Ready In:
8 Peach Halves
- 4 ounces chocolate amaretti cookies (crushed)
- 2 ounces chocolate (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- 4 peaches (ripe, but firm)
- 2⁄3 cup white wine (I suggest a Riesling)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 grated orange, zest of
- whipped cream (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine crushed Amaretti cookies, chocolate, orange zest, honey & cinnamon in a bowl. Add the beaten egg white & mix to bind the mixture.
- Halve & pit the peaches & fill the cavities w/sml mounds of the chocolate mixture.
- Arrange the stuffed peaches in a lightly buttered, shallow ovenproof dish which will just hold the peaches comfortably.
- Mix the wine & sugar in a measuring cup & stir to dissolve the sugar. Pour the wine mixture around the peaches.
- Bake for 30-40 min till the peaches are tender when tested w/a skewer & the filling is golden. Serve immediately w/a little of the cooking juices spooned over the top & whipped cream in a separate bowl as an optional garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an American transplanted from Dallas to Iceland by marriage to a native Icelander & I retired to become his "Kitchen Queen". We love to entertain our family & friends, so I have an eclectic collection of recipes. I especially love simple, easy-fix, flexible & make-ahead recipes - BUT also like challenging myself on occasion. I enjoy baking & food photography. I am devoted to the "More is Always Better Principle" & apply it liberally to bacon, butter & garlic. I can have ingredient issues due to availability here in Iceland & my DH is medically diet-restricted from some ingredients as well. Either situation might require me to modify a recipe, but I will do my best to be true to your recipes & fair/honest in my reviews. Mary Pat (aka twissis)