"chipotle" Style Chicken Burrito Bowls
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (11 ounce) can diced tomatoes with chiles and cilantro (if you can find it)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sweet corn
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) box goya Mexican rice or (8 ounce) box jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning (red top)
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 pinch pepper (optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) package guacamole seasoning mix
- 1 -2 avocado
- lettuce, shredded (optional)
- 1 -2 cup of shedded cheddar cheese or 1 -2 cup monterey jack cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut up chicken and add cumin, taco seasoning salt + pepper, paprika, and Adobo, set to the side;.
- Cook rice according to the directions on the box.
- In a large saute or frying pan on med-high heat, estimate and add 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil;.
- Add chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, peel avacados and make guacamole according to package directions. Refrigerate.
- Open cans of black beans, corn, diced tomatoes with chiles and cilantro and put in small bowls. If you'd like, you can warm, the can of beans and corn (not together, or together). Don't warm the can of diced tomatoes, unless you like warm salsa/tomato mixture.
- Once chicken and rice is done, you can start plating. Letting everyone add the toppings of their choice is part of the fun of the meal!
- Suggestion for plating - put shredded lettuce in bowl or plate first - then add rice, then chicken, then toppings (guacamole, black beans, cheese, corn, diced tomato mixture, sour cream, or anything else you think would be good).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fabulous! I used recipe #194661 as the rice base. Instead of the taco seasoning, I subbed the full amount for recipe #442098. I, also, used my 16 yo's World Famous Never Written Down Guacamole. I may be able to sell this recipe to a competitor's restaurant chain and I'll put the proceeds towards my annuity or better yet, lottery tickets. Could be lucrative.
The whole family loved it! I used Rotel tomatoes w/lime & cilantro and homemade guacamole. I cut whole boneless skinless chicken breasts into nugget size pieces, placed in a plastic bag, and shook with the taco seasonings to coat. After sitting in the refrigerator for about 3 hours, I sauted until cooked through. The meat was very tender. This will go into my regular menu rotation.
Chipotle gets a LOT of our money! It is wonderful to have this recipe when we don't want to make the trip out. I used plain brown rice, but will try it with some cilantro lime rice another time. It is very easy and we usually have the ingredients around. I did make my own pico de gallo and I think that takes it to another level. We will be making this frequently!