Chipotle-Sriracha Buffalo Wings
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 1 (3 lb) bag frozen chicken drummettes, and wingettes defrosted
- 1 1⁄4 cups Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sriracha chili-garlic sauce
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- celery rib, for dipping
- blue cheese dressing
- Combine Frank's hot sauce, sriracha, chipotles, garlic and agave. Reserve about 1/2 cup for basting.
- Place chicken pieces with remaining marinade in a heavy 1 gallon ziplock plastic bag and massage to evenly coat. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place chicken on grill. Cook about 10 minutes per side basting with reserved sauce. This will vary depending on the size of your grill and wings until juices run clear.
- Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!