Chipotle-Marinated Beef Flank Steak (Or Top Round Steak)
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 pounds) or 1 beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from chilies)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime peel
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade and salt to taste. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill flank steak, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness (top round steak 16 to 18 minutes for medium rare doneness; do not overcook), turning occasionally. Carve steak across the grain into thin slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!