Chipotle Flavored Stuffed Peppers
photo by Chef Toujours
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
8 Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers (green or red)
- 1 lb ground turkey, browned and drained
- 2 -4 tablespoons dried chipotle powder (I used 4 but we like spicy!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 cup kernel corn
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I prefer El Paso, medium)
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, removing seeds and stem.
- Pour about 1/2 can enchilada sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Combine ground turkey with spices, herbs, corn, onion, zucchini, and tomato.
- Stuff peppers generously.
- Place peppers, cut side up in an oven-proof dish. (I used a 9X13).
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over stuffed peppers.
- Cover tight with foil.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until the peppers become soft.
- Remove foil, top each with cheese and bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes. Top with sour cream if you want.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!