Chipotle & Chocolate Chili
- Ready In:
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, canned and undrained
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat a Dutch Oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and turkey to pan; saute 8 minutes or until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add sugar and next 9 ingredients to pan, stirring to blend; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate, stirring to melt.
- Ladle 1 1/4 cups chile in each of 8 bowls; tope each serving with 1 T sour cream. Garnish with Green Onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!